Monday, July 19, 2010

Lost For Words. Blinded By Hope. Determined At Will.

Photo by Dan Denardo
Location: Port Au Prince, Haiti


It has been two weeks now since my return, and no matter how much I try, every day becomes harder and harder to assimilate back to normal life. I've been relatively quiet lately, hiding from a world of unforgiven truths--twisting and turning in an ever changing light. One thing I've learned from my recent trip to Haiti is that reality hurts--the truth hurts--and it cuts deep into every fiber of my soul.

But like a stubborn fool, I am neither torn nor ruptured--but more so, I am determined--inspired to bring to light what I've seen, bent on transcribing emotions into written prose. So with hope and a prayer, I write.

Sometimes, when dreams become too real, I awake to find myself deep in thought, lost and alone in a sea of darkness as I try to find words to best describe how I feel. Emotions run rampant, and sometimes, it's hard to decipher what is real and what isn't--am I dreaming or is it a fragment of my imagination? How do I describe what I have seen?

I am lost for words, blinded by hope, determined at will.

Sometimes, I just don't know anymore...

Blogger Note:

In the next few days and weeks I will be revealing a website that tells the "true story of HOPE in Haiti." A photo essay and an extensive reportage of my recent trip with fellow photographer and close friend, Dan.

I apologize for the lack of posts as of late, but between work and catching up on normal life and writing for this feature, sometimes, it really does become extremely hard to decipher what is real and what isn't. Is it really July already? I also have to stop writing 2009.

9 comments:

Searching Soul said...

I am also lost for words,too, Ron. Amazed, dazzled and awed by your poignant thoughts.

Vera said...

Keep on going, Ron. You inform the rest of us of that which we are unaware of. Speak what is in your heart. Listen to your instincts. But stay cool with yourself - you are doing your best.

canadasue said...

Blinded by hope... this line fuels my faith... thank you!

The Demigoddess said...

You and Dan could win a Pulitzer for your new project. Looking forward to it, Ron!

katie said...

Definitely looking forward to your's and Dan's new project!

floreta said...

you could seriously write a book! It'd be inspiring and important. And it could be a photo essay book even. You have mad talent AND heart. I heart you. Always great to read your posts. :)

chemist said...

Ron:

As always, I appreciate your posts! And it's wonderful to see you teamed up with Dan Denardo who authors one of the other blogs I regularly check in on. Keep up the great work! And take your time "recalibrating" yourself after returning home. I go thru the same period of decompression and readjustment to 'normal' life following my trips abroad.

Traveling Chemist

Bum Atom said...

on my 12th birthday, aug 29th my mom left my dad, we moved into an apartment, after that I was thrown around the world, left in Europe with a my senile grand mother( I loved her) then back to my aunt in Canada, then Saudi Arabia Riyadh, with a single mother, then back as an angry adolescent to my fathers in Canada, then the 12th grade in New Mexico and then a really bad drug addiction in Wisconsin, I got a girl pregnant a week out of a psych ward in Calgary, after driving across the content trying to find a way to show others what the world really is. God showed me the light, no one else could. Judging on where you've been and what you've seen I guessing your screwed, but in a good way, you know that right? Love hurts man. That's why life is as good as it is. I bet the way you fell and what you've seen is scary, and I guarantee you there is no real way I can relate, but you can try and we can learn to appreciate something bigger. But most people want a faster car not world peace, that's what fuels the real good lives, everyone elses ignorance. I bet Ill drop my jaw when I see your new site. Rock on Ron. and screw us all man, I wish I've seen what you've seen. I know what I know do you know what I mean.(that was lyric) lol

Katherine said...

Hope & Prayer accompanied by your talent & your gift for prose will bring light to what you have seen through your new blog. I haven't been blogging much of late either so I apologize that I haven't stopped by for a while.