Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A is for Answers II

My shutter bug brother Dan at D2 Photography had the following technical question to ask:

Would you recommend a G10 for your photographer buddy? I'm thinkin' it would be nice to ditch the heavy load from time to time. And it seems like a perfectly competent camera.
I love the G10! It's light, compact, and the pictures come out absolutely amazing! But, don't get me wrong, there are disadvantages about using a smaller camera. The lens isn't the greatest. No matter what anyone tells you, the G1o is still only a point and shoot--just maybe on steroids. The built in 2.8 is great, but without sticks, you're going to have a hard time opening up that wide in ambient places, especially with the body being so small, so using the flash is sometimes forced upon. Shooting outdoors, there were times I wish I could screw on an extra ND filter so I could open up a bit wider to get more depth, but that's not an option. It's also slow. And I mean SLOW! There's a 1 to 2 second delay between each shot after you press the shutter. It will take a bit of getting used to, but the potential to get great shots is definitely at your finger tips. It's a great camera. You're more than welcome to borrow mine for a week and test it out! Just let me know, buddy!

My good friend James from CTV in Saskatoon, Canada sent me an email earlier and had this to ask:

Dude, what's the nastiest thing you've ever eaten while travelling?
Raw seal blubber in Iqaluit, North West Territory's Canada.

Julie from Fox News in Washington DC emailed with this question:

Ron, how come you have so many female readers on your blog?
I dunno, maybe cuz I'm a stud muffin that cries while watching Titanic?

Keep the questoins comin'!

7 comments:

Dan said...

Thanks, man! I appreciate your advice! And I may take you up on your offer, maybe not for a week, but an overnight would be great.

Raw seal blubber? I thought for sure you were going to say the duck embryo!

You're the man.

Bon Don said...

You are a stud muffin! :)

My question is...

What type of music do you listen too? What is your routine when you are at home? do you go out? no tv right?

Desert Rat said...

DUH of course that's why I read...you stud muffin!

Desert Rat said...

side note: I just noticed my sister also just wrote you..I always think it's funny when her and I are doing the same thing at the same time..and I want to know the answers to her questions also.

Random Hiccups said...

I read because of your sensitive sould. And because you are a stud muffin.

floreta said...

you are SO a stud muffin!!

:)

TheChicGeek said...

Raw seal blubber...Yuck!
Stud muffin...oh, yes! LOL :)

Happy Easter, Ron!